SASS facilitates an assessment and therapeutic intervention program for children and young people (aged 17 years and under) who are displaying Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB). HSB can range from inappropriate and problematic, through to abusive and violent behaviour.
SASS works in conjunction with Mission Australia to deliver the HSB Program, to ensure there is a holistic approach to supporting a range of client needs.
This program is offered state-wide and referrals can be made by anyone including professionals, parents/carers or the young person themselves.
We are currently accepting referrals into this free program for children and young people aged up to and including 17 years.
Sexual behaviours displayed by young people that be inappropriate for their age or stage of development, or cause harm to themselves or others, are referred to as harmful sexual behaviours (HSB).
SASS administer a comprehensive, evidence based, trauma-informed assessment, to develop an intervention that is tailored to the child/young person’s needs. Together with Mission Australia we conduct risk assessments, safety planning and case management where necessary. SASS can also provide Secondary Consults as requested.
Our program centres around the following:
- Individual interventions tailored to specific needs
- Creating Safety and Security
- Sex Education and developing Healthy Relationships
- Holistic Approach – working with family, carers and significant others connected to the young person
- Multidisciplinary Approach – collaboration with Mission Australia and other services as required to coordinate service delivery, participation in team meetings, case conferencing and decision-making
As with all of SASS' work, safeguarding of children is paramount.
To inquire about this service please contact us on (03) 6231 0044 or via email @email.
For more information about the program please download our flyer - see below.