SASS would like to invite you to our upcoming professional development workshop.
We've partnered with subject experts Di Margetts, Founding Director of Protective Behaviours International and Bronwyn Clee, President of Protective Behaviours Australia, to bring you this essential safety awareness and resilience building training.
Hobart - March 25 & 26, 2019
Hobart - March 28 & 29, 2019
Launceston - April 1 & 2, 2019
Cost: $540 per ticket / $485 early bird (incl. GST)
Early bird pricing ends March 8, 2019
This two day workshop provides participants with the theory and practical skills necessary to help prevent abuse and increase safety in our community. Through a focus on individual empowerment, Protective Behaviour (PB) concepts are internationally recognised to help people of all ages keep themselves safe.
Level one is ideally suited to anyone working with or caring for children, adolescents or adults.
Learn the necessary skills to assist people to keep themselves safe from harm and seek help if needed, as well as to improve the capacity for safety within broader social networks.
- Understand what 'Feeling Safe' is and learn to recognise Early Warning Signs of harm.
- Understand The Language of Safety.
- Understand Unwritten Rules and recognise the interconnected relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Understand the two central themes of Protective Behaviours and their importance in feeling safe.
- Understand the 7 Protective Behaviours Strategies and how they can be applied in practice.
- Understand how to build a personal safety team/network of support.
Tickets are strictly limited. Download the flyer and booking form below, or contact us for more information.