SASS would like to invite you to our upcoming professional development workshop.
Sexual Assault Support Service partnered with Conrad Townson of CYP Solutions to bring a two day Preventing Child Sexual Exploitation training to Tasmania.
Launceston - February 21 & 22, 2019 from 9:00-4:30
Hobart - February 25 & 26, 2019 from 9:00-4:30
Cost: $485 per ticket / $450 early bird (EX GST)
Early Bird Extended until January 18, 2019
This two day professional development workshop enables professionals and agencies involved with children and young people to gain a greater understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE). It explores the sophisticated models of recruitment ('grooming') used to sexually exploit young people as well as teaching skills in assessment and intervention with the aim of protecting young people and preventing CSE within communities.
This workshop looks at the current body of research in both an Australian and overseas context and covers the following key elements:
- Definitions and exploration of processes of control used in CSE
- Common risk indicators found to be present in cases of CSE
- Examining stereotypes and the use of language when responding to CSE
- The impact of sexual exploitation and the needs of young people when considering intervention
- How to risk assess specific cases to enable an informed approach to intervention
- Challenges and barriers to engaging with young people resistant to change, and how to support them
- Understand the links between victims becoming perpetrators, and potential ways to work with this group
- Suggestions and tips for dealing with disclosures of CSE
- Resources and techniques for problem solving
Tickets are strictly limited and early bird pricing ends December 20, 2018.
Download the flyer and booking form below, or contact us for more information.