Due to unprecedented demand, SASS is selling tickets to a 3rd 'Keeping Kids Safe' workshop. This will be held in the north of the state at the Burnie Arts and Function Centre on the 27th Febuary, 2018. Please contact us to secure a ticket.
9am–3pm Tuesday 27 February 2018
Burnie Arts and Function Centre
77–79 Wilmot St, Burnie TAS 7320
Workshop cost: $250 (GSTinclusive) $215 Early Bird Special (if paid by 02/02/2018) buy 4 tickets and receive 50% off the 5th ticket!
- SASS overview and referral pathways
- Understanding sexual trauma
- Keeping children and vulnerable people sexually safe
- Instilling protective behaviour (PB) skills in children and vulnerable people
- Responding to disclosures of harm in a trauma informed manner
- Supporting post-trauma recovery for children
- Identifying and understanding problem sexualised behaviour (PSB) and sexually abusive behaviour (SAB)
- First responses to clients exhibiting PSB/SAB
- Self-care and grounding techniques