Last financial year, we saw 893 clients. Since 2015 we’ve seen a 54% increase in referrals. Our mission is to work towards achieving a healthier, safer community in Tasmania, free of sexual harm.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM).
The goal of SAAM is for individuals and organisations to raise public awareness about sexual harassment, assault, and abuse and educate communities on how to prevent it. This year the theme is “I Ask.”
Only “YES” means yes.
Our goal is prevention. Since consent is a clear, concrete example of what it takes to end sexual harassment, abuse, and assault, this year’s campaign shares the message that asking for consent is a normal and necessary part of intimacy.
Wear Teal Tuesday is on April 7, 2020
Wearing teal, whether it’s a teal ribbon, shirt or other accessory, will serve as a conversation starter for important issues around consent, respect and supporting survivors.
How to Get Involved
- If you're on Facebook, head over to our Wear Teal Tuesday event and let us know that you're 'going'.
- If you haven't received a teal ribbon, you can wear anything teal coloured or print out this ribbon and pin it to your top.
- Download extra consent related resources further down this page.
- Purchase fun, consent themed merchandise.
- Donate your 'gold coins' by direct deposit (bank details below) or online through Paypal. Funds raised from your donation will go towards supporting the work we do with people who have been impacted by sexual violence.
Name: Sexual Assault Support Service
On the day, wear your teal and help to spread the message online using one of the below suggestions:
Join our on Facebook.
Use the Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Wear Teal Tuesday hashtags on all of your favorite social media platforms #weartealtuesday #SAAM #IAsk #Teal
Take a selfie wearing teal or your teal ribbon and post it on the socials.
Host your own morning tea for one. Make a cuppa and grab something yummy to munch on. Take a selfie and share it on the socials.
Start an email chain with your family, friends or colleagues using the subject line "I'm wearing teal because...." and tell them what it means to you.
Post on your own or your organisation's website or social media page about why you're participating in Wear Teal Tuesday.
Dress your pet in teal, snap a photo and post it to the socials.
Share your own ideas with us by .
DOWNLOAD THE WEAR TEAL TUESDAY POSTER and join us to help raise awareness of sexual harassment, assault and abuse and bring an end to sexual harm.
Extra Resources for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Courtesy of Our Watch ():
- Find out how you can take action at work, in school, as a professional, as a parent or as a bystander.
Resources courtesy of National Sexual Violence Resource Centre ():