Sexual Assault Support Service has released "It's Okay to Tell", advertising on local Tasmanian television channel Southern Cross. SASS aims to break the silence surrounding sexual harm in our community, with the key message that talking about trauma can be the first step to recovery.
If you or someone you care about is struggling with sexual trauma, we may be able to help.
Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS) is a Hobart-based, free and confidential service in Tasmania for people of all ages who have been affected by any form of sexual violence. Our services include:
- Counselling and support (southern Tasmania)
- Crisis services (southern Tasmania)
- Redress Scheme Support Services (state-wide)
- Therapeutic treatment for children and young people displaying Problem Sexual Behaviour and Sexually Abusive Behaviour (state-wide)
- Training & educational workshops (state-wide)
- Policy feedback and consultation about sexual violence and related topics (state-wide)
SASS was established in 1986. Our mission is to help eliminate all forms of sexual violence at local, national, and global levels.