SASS is a not-for-profit community-based 24/7 crisis response and counselling service supporting people affected by sexual assault. SASS is guided by trauma informed principles, and highly values diversity, continuous quality improvement and staff development.
We are seeking applications for a passionate, energetic and committed counsellor to join our Children and Families Counselling Team in the working on the PAST Program on a full-time or part-time basis. PAST (Prevention, Assessment, Support and Treatment) is a program working with children who display problematic and harmful behaviours.
The successful applicant/s will have the opportunity to work across our main SASS site based in New Town and the Arch site based in Hobart city.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Are a skilled and experienced clinician with a knowledge of, and experience in, a broad range of trauma informed therapies and child development;
- Have experience working with children and young people who have experienced trauma; and
- Want to use your counselling skills to support a case load of clients (children and young people) on their journey to recovery.
A current national police check, a Working with Vulnerable People Card and proof of COVID vaccinations are requirements for all SASS employees.
All SASS employees are entitled to fully salary packaging benefits, individual professional development budgets and additional leave over the Christmas period.
How to apply:
- This is an area of demand for our service so we are keeping applications open for an extended period, with no cut off date.
- Applications must be submitted via email to: @email
- Applications must include a covering letter, a copy of your current CV. contact details of two professional referees and copies of any relevant qualifications.
Note: we will be processing applications as we receive them, so please do NOT wait to apply.