The SASS Policy team conducts research to:
- Identify, explore and advocate for the needs of our clients, their families and support professionals.
- Explore and advocate for structural reform to better prevent and respond to sexual violence at a societal level.
- Ensure that SASS programs, policies and practices are based on best practice.
SASS believes first and foremost that survivors of sexual violence are the experts in this area. We strive to incorporate and represent the views of survivors in all of our policy work and advocacy efforts.
Our Policy team also:
- Prepares submissions to Federal and Tasmanian State Government inquiries and processes.
- Provides input into and advocates for reform to sexual assault legislation.
- Undertakes internal evaluations to ensure that SASS programs and practice benefit from continuous improvement.