SASS educational programs aim to stop intimate partner violence and sexual harm from occurring. Detailed workshops identify and reduce contributors to harm while promoting healthy, ethical sexual decision making. SASS workshops are tailored to the specific audience and can be delivered effectively to groups of children, adolescents or adults. Workshops are educational, dynamic and engaging.
Sessions can be tailored to meet individual community’s needs. Content is delivered at an age-appropriate level by our engaging facilitators and includes;
‘Consent is a Conversation’
These sessions lay the foundation and context for all subsequent content, giving participants the skills to understand the nature of sexual assault, and by contrast, what healthy intimate relationships look and feel like. All sessions provide opportunities for students to ask anonymous questions.
• Concepts of affirmative consent
• Overview of SASS
• Awareness raising regarding intimate partner violence, sexual harassment and abuse
• Sexual consent and the law
"Intimacy Versus Pornography"
This primary prevention workshop for secondary school students discusses online pornography and the effects on individuals, intimate relationships and culture within our community. This has been developed as a guide for navigating intimacy and sexual relationships in a pornography-saturated world.
• Building on the concepts of intimacy and consent in an online context
• Awareness raising on the harmful effects of online pornography
• Understanding sociocultural conditions that contribute to sexual harassment and abuse
• Being an ethical bystander and creating a culture of safety
• Navigating technology and intimate relationships in both a legal and ethical way.
‘Ethical Decision Making’
These sessions help young people explore what consent is and is not, and teach them to navigate intimacy and sexual relationships in a healthy and respectful way.
• Understanding of personal ethics
• Ethical decision making on topics such as sexting, partying and relationships
• Ethical sexual decision making
In late 2018 the SASS Training Unit was awarded with a National Crime Prevention Award for our Whole of School Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence program.