Administration Officer - Reception – Position Description
Job Description: Administration Officer - Reception (Casual)
Position reports to: Administration Team Leader
Hours per fortnight: As required
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Salary: Level 2 (Casual rate)
Location: 31 – 33 Tower Road New Town 7008
SASS is a community-based support, counselling and education service for victims of sexual abuse, their families and other professionals. It operates in the Southern region of Tasmania. SASS is funded by the Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and by the Australian Department of Social Services (DSS).
SASS delivers 24/7 services including over weekends and public holidays. Staff may be required, from time-to-time, to be accessible by phone outside normal business hours as a part of ensuring sustainable 24/7 service coverage.
The Administration Officer – Reception position is responsible for:
- Providing front-desk reception services for clients, members of the public and other professionals accessing SASS, including answering phone calls, welcoming clients, provision of general information, confirmation of appointments, and maintaining electronic appointment diaries.
- Booking and confirming of client appointments through the Penelope Data Base system.
- Providing administrative and clerical support to management and client services staff as required, including filing and records management; mail processing; maintenance of registers; data entry and reporting; photocopying; compilation of manuals and reports; and other tasks as required.
- Maintaining a tidy, welcoming and safe environment including maintaining public areas of the building, client waiting room and library.
- Performing a range of other appropriate tasks as directed by the Administration Team Leader
- Participating with other SASS workers in providing a professional, flexible and responsive team environment.
- Adhering to SASS Policies and Procedures, and the SASS Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Contributing to the ongoing development and review of SASS policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a professional, safe and harmonious workplace at all times.
- Taking all possible steps to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for self and colleagues at all times.
For more information, please download the position description and selection criteria below.
For more information contact @email
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 17th March 2019.