Administration Assistant – Position Description
The Administration Assistant reports to the Team Leader Administration and provides a range of high quality administrative services and support to SASS to drive efficiencies to support the achievement of strategic goals.
Position Title: Administration Assistant
Reports to: Team Leader Administration
Remuneration: SCHADS Award Level 3.1 plus 9.5% superannuation
Hours of Work: 0.6 FTE
The Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS) is a community-based support and counselling service for those who have been affected by sexual abuse.
SASS is funded by the Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and by the Australian Department of Social Services (DSS).
There are four areas of operations: client services (counselling), training, administration and finance and policy.
The following values underpin the way we work: client-focus, sincerity, collaboration, professionalism.
The Administration Assistant position is responsible for:
- Responding to general enquiries and fulfilling reception duties.
- Interact with other units of SASS to ensure appropriate resources are in place for functions and events.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, including agenda’s, room bookings and preparation, catering, for a range of internal and external meetings.
- Finalise and format various documents using MS word, excel and PowerPoint and other software as required.
- Attend meetings and document action items and follow up completion of items.
- Action travel requests for SASS as required.
- Processing invoices, organising authorisation and payment.
- Filing and archiving.
- Data entry in Client Management System.
- Ongoing process improvement to create and drive ongoing efficiencies; maintain filing systems, databases, procedures and policies.
- Performing a range of other appropriate tasks as directed by the Administration Team Leader
- Participating with other SASS workers in providing a professional, flexible and responsive team environment.
- Adhering to SASS Policies and Procedures, and the SASS Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Contributing to the ongoing development and review of SASS policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a professional, safe and harmonious workplace at all times.
- Taking all possible steps to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for self and colleagues at all times.
A current National Police Check and Working with Vulnerable People Card are requirements for all SASS employees.
For more information, please download the Position Description and Selection Criteria below. Applications must be submitted via email to @email by 5pm on Sunday 5th May 2019.