If you are a young person (13-18)
Sexual abuse is any behaviour of a sexual nature that makes you feel uncomfortable, frightened, intimidated & that you have not agreed to.
Around 1 in 3–4 girls, and 1 in 5–8 boys, will have unwanted sexual experiences before they are 18.
Date rape - happens when someone you are going out with (maybe even love and trust) forces or manipulates you into having sex with them or committing other sexual acts when you don’t want to.
About Date Rape
A great site for information about date rape, drink spiking and tips for being safe.
Consent - What is it
- A person not saying “no” doesn't mean they are saying “yes”
- Silence does not equal consent
- A person who is asleep or unconscious cannot consent
- A person who is pressured or intimidated into having sex has not given consent.
- Consent to sex can only legally be given by someone aged 16 years and over.
- Consent is something that has to be given voluntarily and freely.
- Everyone is responsible for making sure the other person is comfortable and okay with what is happening.
Sex without consent is sexual assault.
You can contact SASS on 1800 697 877 or our 24/7 crisis line 03 6231 1817 just to talk things through
Call Kids Help Line on 1800 55 1800